Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mystery Bug


Is this a bug from your worst nightmare or what? This picture is not for the faint of heart. But it's kind of interesting don't you think? In a scary sort of way. And what IS it anyway? Anybody know? Someone found it in the dogs water bowl in Heber. Yikes.
I posted these pics on BugGuide.net and found out it's a harmless Jerusalem Cricket. They're seem awfully big and scary for a cricket. Yuck. Read all about them at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerusalem_cricket

6 comments:

Monique said...

It looks like some alien bug. I hope it doesn't come to Hungary. Yuck.

Diana Taylor said...

still grosses me out YUCK!

The Giles said...

that's pretty funny Ann Dee. Gives you a little shock to open a blog and see that scary bug.

Schofield's said...

oh my goodness, that is a creepy looking cricket. I'm sure glad I didn't find it. :)

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh my, I think I just lost my appetite!!

Torrey said...

Eewwe. That's creepy. I don't care if it's harmless... I still don't like it.