Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Everything and Nothing

That sums up what we do on a daily basis here at home. We're very busy all day doing what feels like nothing.

One of our daily activities is multiple trips to the bathroom. Jette Lynn is now potty trained!!!! She just decided one morning (a few months after I gave up on potty training) that she wanted to wear big girl underwear. That was the end of diapers. Yeah! It's been 3 weeks now and I'm loving it. We're working on her not being scared of the shadows so she can be in there by herself. She tells me when she has to go and can do everything by herself. It's been nice to have only one baby in diapers.

As for "Zane the Pain" he's a good protestor. He yells or cries very loudly when something isn't going his way. Another top tooth has started to appear for a grand total of 3 top, 4 bottom. And his body is finally catching up with his head. Being the busybody he is, he gets into everything he shouldn't which has made it almost impossible to pack. (Yep, less than 3 weeks now and I am in full panic mode) He's starting to get more mobile in the standing up position and it won't be long before he's walking. He wakes up every morning before Jette Lynn and I want to be...so sometimes the girls have a cranky morning and start to fully wake up when Zane decides he's ready for his morning nap. Sigh.



Notice the makeshift baby gate. The gate we want isn't in stores and would take too long to order. We decided to wing it until we move. It's proving to be more trouble than its worth.





Their first bath together. Another activity that takes up some of the day and leaves me wondering where the morning or afternoon went. Jette Lynn can spend all day in there if I let her. On this day when I was giving Zane a bath Jette Lynn noticed there was some room for her so now they take all their baths together.



Jette Lynn put a washcloth on her boat and demanded that I take a "peechure" of what she has named her Little Einsteins Sailboat.


And that's what we're up to everyday besides meals, naps, tantrums, timeouts, mess making, diaper changes, banging, yelling, laughing, crying, jumping, skipping, dancing, whining, scolding, praising, dressing up, etc. Everything and nothing.

5 comments:

The Giles said...

Sounds a bit like my days too. Except for the potty training - I think I'm going to wait a good while until Matthew really seems ready. Well, good luck with your packing and the move. I NEED to call you!

DeGooyer Family said...

Sounds familiar! =) So where are you guys moving?

Monique said...

I feel that way, too and it does get annoying when people ask "so, what DO you do everyday?" and you draw a blank, but then you write it all down and it's a HUGE list... kisses count.

Torrey said...

Only 3 weeks??? Yay! I'm so excited. Call me whe you get settled in so we can play :)

Chrissy said...

u r amazing....u schedule is tights...and it's meaningful~:)