Saturday, April 26, 2008

Leaving Las Vegas

I have less than 2 weeks to pack up the place and then the kids and I are outta here. Rory will finish up finals and come up the following week. He has secured a great job driving truck in the South Jordan area with future management opportunities and possible help getting his Land Architecture Licensure. We've been waiting for Rory to be done with school for years now and couldn't be more ready to get on with our lives and get out of Vegas.

SOME OF THE THINGS I WILL MISS:
-a variety of restaurants
-the outlet malls
-nearby friends
-Jette Lynn's friends (o:
-spring in Feb
-fall in Nov
-sunshine 360 days of the year
-every show and concert you could want

AND I WON'T MISS:
-UNLV (there's something about never having money or a husband that makes you hate a place)
-apartment living
-concrete and gravel...I need some green
-windy 350 days of the year
-only two seasons...hot/windy, chilly/windy
-overpriced theatres and shows
-wicked hot summers
-being far from family

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Aahh!! We're so excited for you guys! Good luck with the move and the new jobs. Tell Rory we said congrats!

DeGooyer Family said...

Yay for you all! Brett's brother, Scott, went to UNLV and has the same feelings. =) GOOD LUCK in Utah! I'll email you later this week about the reunion.

Jake and Erin said...

It'll be nice to have you guys closer. We go to Utah often, infact we were there this weekend because Holly graduated with her masters from BYU. Is it your ten year reunion this summer? Will you be coming to GJ? Good luck with the move.

Chrissy said...

congrattttt~~

Torrey said...

Will you please call me when you guys get here? I'm dying to see you :)

Monique said...

Hooray! I can't wait to see you guys when we are there! :) right?????

Schofield's said...

Are you guys here yet? Let me know, we definitely need to get together and catch up.